Why you should know about the average salary in India 2021 and the rest of the world.
It is very important to your career so you have to know about the average salary for a selected job in the country you are living in.
We decided to write an article providing you with data about the average salary in India. We discuss the average salary in India and around the world.
Later we additionally compare each of them to see how we’re lagging behind the rest of the world.
So read this article because it is going to help you in selecting the best career,
you can too read these tips to Select the Right Career for you.
list of average salary in india
Average Salary Around the World
Before we discuss the average salary in India we must always look at how the rest of the world is doing.
As the world is divided into three categories, first, second, and third.
The first world is basically developed countries and the third world is growing countries.
So allow us to see the average salary of some of the first world countries.
First World Countries
1. Austria – $3500 (₹2,56,637)
2. Germany – $2830 (₹2,07,533)
3. Norway – $3699 (₹2,71,259)
4. United States – $3350 (₹2,45,638)
5. United Kingdom – $3260 (₹2,39,039)
6. Belgium – $3150 (₹2,30,973)
Second World Countries
1. Turkey – $1931 (₹1,41,590)
2. Russia – $2100 (₹1,53,982)
3. Poland – $1630 (₹1,19,497)
4. Hungary – $1400 (₹1,02,636)
5. China – $756 (₹55,423.49)
Third World Countries
1. Thailand – $510 (₹37,388)
2. Egypt – $599 (₹43,913)
3. Philippines – $310 (₹22,726)
The average salary in India
A person working in India usually earns around $477 (35,000) INR per month.
Salaries range from $109 (8,000) INR (lowest average) to 145,000 INR (highest average, the actual maximum salary is higher).
This is the average monthly wage including housing, transport, and different benefits. Salaries vary drastically between different careers.
If you are in the salary of a selected job, see under for salaries for specific job titles.
Though the amount could be very much less in comparison with the west however it’s still rising and that is a good factor.
Within the 12 months of 2015, the average salary of a working Indian rose by 3.5%.
When you break down the list of the average salary for various sectors then
- Professional Services rose by 12%,
- Energy by 12%, Hi-Tech 11%,
- Financial Services by 10.5%,
- Pharmaceuticals and well-being Services by 12%,
- Medical Life Sciences by 12.5%
- IT and ITES by 11%,
- Consumer Goods by 11.5%,
- Chemical by 11%,
Average Salary for Different Jobs
As you understand the average salary in India is $341 to $478.
Now we need to break it down for different jobs.
- Software Engineer – Median Salary ₹894,897/-p.a
- Retail Store Manager – Median Salary ₹397,000/-p.a
- HR Manager – Median Salary ₹750,000/-p.a
- Civil Engineer – Median Salary ₹478,000/-
- Lectures or Professor – Median Salary ₹1,400,000/- p.a
- Personal Banker – Median Salary ₹427,000/- p.a
- Sales Officer – Median Salary ₹306,000/- p.a
- Web Designer – Median Salary ₹635,000/- p.a
- So we jot down an inventory of white-collar jobs and their median salary in India. Salaries may differ from city to city.
Salary Comparison by Years of Experience
The experience degree is a very powerful factor in figuring out the salary. Naturally the extra years of experience the upper the salary.
Now you got an entire image of salary in India and all over the world. So you need to know the place we stand.
So for a comparison take the salary of a software engineer in the US. and India.
If you know the salary of a software engineer in the US is 12 times of the counterpart right here in India.
If the median salary of a software engineer in India is around ₹894,897/ then in the US it’s around ₹70 lacs to ₹80 lacs per annum.
Even in case, you take the cost of living, which is four to five instances excessive in the US compared to India, still, there’s a huge gap.
Why is it so?
Properly one motive is there are too many software engineers in India so the salary is low.
Nevertheless in the US, they are much less so that they pay you extra.
Nevertheless, you possibly can see the difference.
What’s the Future?
Lastly, we have to discuss the future of the average salary in India. Properly!
We do hope the average salary in India goes to rise as the economy grows. Nevertheless,
it’s essential to understand the salary for some sectors would possibly nonetheless stay stagnant due to market and government policy.