Every country has its systems, protocols, identification documents, etc., and you should know about them. In India, an Aadhaar card and a Driving license are two of the essential government proofs or IDs that one must have on them in case of identification.
Similarly, a PAN card is also concerned with income tax purposes and is sometimes also used in the identification process, just like an Aadhaar card and a Driving license. As with everything these days, a PAN card is linked to your mobile number, which is helpful in many ways.
One of its benefits is that it allows you to find your PAN number. In this article, we will guide you on how to find a PAN number using a mobile number and other PAN card details by Aadhaar number.
How to know the pan number from a mobile number
Mobile numbers must be linked with Aadhar and PAN cards to make them more secure. It also helps in better identification. You can often use your mobile number to verify your Aadhar and PAN card.
How to check PAN status by telephone?
Applicants can check the status of their PAN card by phone. All he has to do is follow the instructions:
- TIN Call Center to 020-27218080. call on
- Give 15 digit acknowledgment number to the executive
- The executive will inform you about the status of your PAN card
- How to check my PAN card status through SMS?
Apart from calling the official PAN officer to check PAN card status, there is another way to check PAN status: SMS. To do so, the applicant must carefully follow the given instructions:
- 57575 on NSDL PAN and a 15-digit acknowledgment number. send an SMS to
- applicants are informed about the status of their PAN card SMS
What is PAN Card?
PAN card stands for Permanent Account Number, a 10-character long combination of letters and numbers given by people to the Income Tax Department of India under the supervision of the Central Board of Direct Taxes.
The primary purpose of a PAN card is to act as an identity document, proof of date of birth, and to be used for taxation. If a foreigner can present a valid visa, they can also get a PAN card; hence, the card is not used as proof of Indian citizenship. It is necessary to have a PAN card to file an income tax return.
The structure of the PAN card has been designed very carefully. They are not just random numbers and letters together; The pattern gives some essential details about the holder. The PAN number starts with five capital letters, followed by four numbers and a single capital letter at the end.
The first three letters are a sequence of letters from AAA to ZZZ. The fourth letter is A, B, C, F, G, H, L, J, P, or T, depending on which entity the cardholder belongs to, such as a company, a firm, etc.
The fifth character is the first letter of a person’s name, surname, or last name. In the case of individual cards, the letter P is used as the fourth character, meanwhile, in the case of firms, companies, etc.
The fourth letter is one of the letters mentioned above, Depending on which entity the card owner belongs to. The last note, which is the tenth place, is given to the letter, which serves as the check-sum, used to verify the validity of the current code.
Importance of pan card
Like the Aadhar card and driving license, the PAN card also has specific purposes. Generally, people think that its purpose is only in matters related to income tax; However, there is more to the PAN card than this.
- First and foremost, a PAN card brings a universal identity to all financial transactions.
- The card helps prevent tax evasion as it tracks monetary transactions, especially those of high-net-worth individuals whose financial capacity has the power to impact the economy.
- While filing income tax returns, deducting tax at source, or establishing any other communication with the Income Tax Department, submission of PAN number is mandatory.
- A PAN card is recently becoming an essential document for various purposes. Now you need it to open a new bank account. Even today PAN card is necessary to open a Demat account.
- If you want a new landline or mobile connection, you will need a PAN card again.
- A PAN card is also required to buy foreign currency.
- You need a PAN card to deposit more than 50,000 in the bank.
- If you want to buy or sell a vehicle, immovable property, or other such things, you will need a PAN card again.
Find PAN Number Using Mobile Number
Losing things can be an honest mistake, especially those that are very important. Considering how small and slippery they are, anyone can lose a PAN card, but how do you recover them? The answer is very simple, and by following the steps mentioned below, you can recover your PAN number using your mobile number in no time.
- Click on Income Tax e-filling website.
- Click on the Know Your PAN option in the Quick Links section.
- Enter the required details like your date of birth, mobile number, etc.
- Now, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number, enter the OTP on the website and click on Validate.
- Now, enter your father’s name and click on submit.
After you have completed the steps mentioned above on your screen, you will see information about your PAN card, including your PAN card number.
What to do when you forget your PAN number?
If you still need to know your PAN number, there are several ways to find your PAN number. Use your mobile number, mobile app, email id, or toll-free number, and you can easily find your PAN number.
Finding a PAN number through mobile is mentioned above, and similarly, you can also use your email id. Or you can register yourself on the e-filing website of the Income Tax Department.
Create your profile on this page and once it is ready, go to profile settings and then go to my profile, and under PAN details, you will get access to your PAN number and other information.
Using your email ID, you can send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, and you should be able to receive the required information. If you are using the PAN care app, you can follow the steps mentioned above using your mobile phone section, and thus you should be able to get the PAN number.
Lastly, if you call the Income Tax toll-free number 18001801961 or Protean eGov Technologies Limited toll-free number 1800 222 990, you should be able to get the PAN number and other required details.
PAN Card Details by Aadhaar Number
We have discussed various ways by which you can find your PAN card number. However, getting PAN card details from the Aadhar number is possible. It is quick and easy and another additional method in case you lose the PAN details. Follow the steps given below.
- Visit the Income Tax e-filing website.
- Scroll down to the Quick Links section and click on the Instant e-PAN option.
- Click on Continue under Check Status / Download PAN Section.
- enter the Aadhaar number and click to continue. After that, you will receive an OTP for verification.
- Enter the OTP and click on continue.
In the next section, you will be able to view the e-PAN card and download the e-copy of your PAN card containing your PAN card number.
Also read: 41 Easy Ways to Make Money Online
Wrapping up: How to Check PAN Card Link With Mobile Number
The world is slowly entering a futuristic and high-technology era, and who knows, there may be more card and identification systems to come into existence. But for now, in India, we have one Aadhar card, one PAN card, one driving license, and some other small-scale documents required at different places. Now we have given you information on how to find a PAN number using a mobile number. It is a miracle of technology that we can retrieve important documents like PAN cards using our mobile numbers.